December 13, 2016: I’m proud to be The United States source for Happy Gut’s Pylopass ™ – Call to order 714-639-4360. $49 plus shipping. For those of you outside of the United States, please go to ULCERSNOMORE and order from Happy Gut. They are based in New Zealand. Pylopass is a trademark of ORGANOBALANCE GmbH. This is the newest addition to my H. pylori protocol, which I first wrote about back in 2009. Pylopass will also be an addition to my biofilm protocol, which is a must for proper support during H. pylori eradication. Pylopass is a proprietary probiotic strain, which specifically binds to H. pylori. Pylopass lowers H. pylori load as well as supports the removal of this carcinogenic stomach bacteria while keeping one’s own innate gut bacterial balance intact.
Research has revealed that resistance against the most commonly used antibiotics for H.pylori treatment has increased from 10-15% in 2000 up to 40-50% in 2014 – lowering the success rate of antibiotic treatments, for H. pylori, significantly. Several clinical studies demonstrated that Pylopass reduces the colonization of H. pylori in the stomach and may prevent gastritis and peptic ulcers.
H. pylori is a difficult bacteria to eliminate due to its ability to form biofilm – bio (life) film (a collective mass of bacteria). This collective grouping of bacteria can render the body’s own immune system useless or turn it on our own tissues, an autoimmune reaction. Biofilm can degrade antibiotics and manipulate its environment. It’s a son of a bitch to treat and those who have failed one, two and even three rounds of antibiotics can attest to that fact. I’m constantly evolving both my H. pylori and biofilm protocols. Pylopass along with natural antimicrobials and a comprehensive biofilm protocol is the 1-2-3 punch that H. pylori can’t defend itself from.
PYLOPASS A Unique Mode Of Action
1. The Pylopass strain of L. reuteri was identified after a detailed, multi-year screening process. It was selected as a highly specific binding antagonist to H. pylori among more than 700 wild-type strains of Lactobacillus species of the ORGANOBALANCE culture collection of food grade strains. Through a specific mechanism, Pylopass forms coaggregates with H. pylori to decrease the overall load in the stomach, thereby supporting the elimination of H. pylori through pharmaceutical or natural methods, as well as decreasing the risk of developing gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. Pylopass™ is comprised of a stable, spray-dried L. reuteri cells. Coaggregation is a process by which genetically distinct bacteria become attached to one another via specific molecules.
2. The surface structures on Pylopass™ contain adhesion molecules that recognize and adhere to surface structures on H. pylori.
3. After coaggregation in the stomach has occurred, the entire coaggregate is excreted from the body through the digestive tract. Pylopass specifically binds to H. pylori and does not alter the microflora of the gut.
Advantages Over Probiotics
Product stability: Unlike probiotics, Pylopass™ consists of inactivated cells which can withstand environmental fluctuations. For shipment and storage, Pylopass does not require temperature controls.
Specificity For H. pylori
While probiotics assist in general gut health, Pylopass specifically binds H. pylori in the stomach. Furthermore, Pylopass does not bind or disturb the normal gut microbial balance.
Stability In The Stomach
In contrast to probiotics, Pylopass employs a mechanism which is not dependent on survival in the gastric environment. Probiotics can be beneficial because they may replace harmful bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. However, it is uncertain whether such living probiotic strains can withstand the acidic environment in the stomach. This concern is not a challenge for Pylopass as the coaggregation depends only on the binding of surface structures between Pylopass™ and H. pylori.
Advantages Over Antibiotics
Good tolerability: Triple (Prevpac) and even quadruple (Pylera) antibiotic therapies are non-specific and have numerous side effects such as diarrhea and taste disturbances. On the contrary, there are no side effects related to Pylopass™ ingestion or administration. “New studies show that Pylopass can not only reduce the colonization of Helicobacter pylori in the stomach but also improve the symptoms associated with gastritis and increase the efficacy of the pharmaceutical treatment”, said Gilles Jequier, Organobalance commercial director
“Pylopass has a unique effect against this carcinogenic stomach bacterium,” explains Christine Lang, PhD, microbiologist and managing director for Organobalance, in the launch announcement. “Unlike conventional therapies involving antibiotics which can harm the human microbiome, consumers who are taking Pylopass can lower their Helicobacter pylori load without losing their natural bacterial balance in their gut.”
No Risk Of Antibiotic Resistance
Research shows that the number of antibiotic resistant strains of H. pylori is increasing globally. In Asia, an estimated 37% of cases are resistant to metronidazole and 65% of cases are resistant to amoxicillin in Africa (1). Ramakrishna has argued against the case of eradication, as treatment with antibiotics may prove ineffective, due to high frequencies of antibiotic resistant strains (2). Pylopass offers an alternative management modality that does not contribute to the problem of antibiotic resistance.
1. De Francesco V et al. (2010) Worldwide H. pylori antibiotic resistance: a systematic review. J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 19: 409– 414
2. Ramakrishna BS (2006) Helicobacter pylori infection in India: the case against eradication. Indian J Gastroenterology 25: 25–28
Latest posts by Marcus Ettinger (see all)
- Pearls of Wisdom from a Medical Detective - October 2, 2018
- Carnivore Diet Resource Page - August 28, 2018
- A Four Part, Comprehensive Approach, For Resistant or Stubborn Pinworm / Threadworm Infection* - May 21, 2018