What would you DO if you had more energy?
I’ll be 46 in 6 months and my energy level is the same today as it was when I was 18. My energy level is not a product of super-genetics and I don’t partake in some extreme, hard to follow routine. I just follow a few SIMPLE rules. If you choose to, you can have more energy and vitality too!
Here are 22 simple activities you can incorporate into your daily routine to help you (your mind, body and spirit) to create more vitality, energy and creativity.
1. Take a power nap – Do it in your chair, 5-10 minutes max. How to Power Nap
2. Quit smoking – Ex-smokers frequently report an energy boost of 2-3x when they stop. A good self-help book is, “Leading to a smoke-free life.”
3. Play to relax – Playing a game keeps your mind working (versus, say, watching TV).
4. Splash some water on your face – Just letting the cool water hit your face washes off the grime and stresses of the day.
5. Stand up, stretch and take a few deep breaths – This will take just seconds and will be an instant fix.
6. Get your world organized – This is the best way to take back control of your time and productivity. How to get organized.
7. See the glass half-full and look on the bright side – A generally upbeat and optimistic outlook on life will keep your energy level up. Here is “The Secret” on how to change your point-of-view or view-point.
8. Take a mini-vacation – Take one day to just do whatever you want. See the blog of Tim Ferriss (4 hour work week)
9. Start exercising – Get moving! Getting some exercise will lift your energy level all day.
10. Move gym time from PM to AM – Exercising in the AM gets the endorphins flowing, which keeps you happy and productive the rest of the day.
11. Add more “cardio” to your gym time – This will build stamina and endurance.
12. Eliminate stress – Stress is draining and pointless, and life is too short to put-up with it (see #7).
13. Have more sex – Talk about an endorphin rush!
14. Get a massage – A more relaxed YOU means a happier and more productive YOU.
15. Get dressed-up – You’ll feel better, more confident and more energetic!
16. Wear bright, vibrant colors – If you wear bright, happy colors, you’ll get that attitude projected towards you, which will boost your own mood and energy level.
17. Get a thyroid test from your doctor – If you are chronically fatigued, it may be a symptom of hypothyroidism.
18. Take a power-walk outside – Getting outside for some fresh air and a change of scenery, with a brisk walk, will get your blood going and will do wonders for your mood and motivation.
19. Get a good night’s sleep – We need 7-8 hours of sleep to be fully rested. There is no such thing as catching up on your sleep, so get it enough each night. Also, physiologically speaking, each hour of sleep you get before midnight is really worth two hours. Try to go to bed between 10:00 and 11:00pm
20. Have a piece of dark chocolate – If you’re going to have some candy, it might as well be chocolate. We get an endorphin buzz from the chocolates caffeine and theobromine (vasodilator/stimulant). Lindt Excellence Dark 85% Cocoa is my favorite.
22. Eat smaller, more frequent meals – By eating smaller but more frequent “meals”, you will maintain a steady dose of energy. Proper food combining can also positively affect your well-being and vitality.
This is not a be-all-end-all list. If you would like some help, I am always here to help. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with me (714) 639-4360. If you would like to have a holistic life coach, one who walks the walk; I can help. Life moves so fast and before you know it, it will be over. Embrace each day as you did when you were a teenager. My grandmother did it throughout her whole life and went to 96 living each day to it’s fullest. I wish that for myself and all of you.
Vivez la vie pleinement, nous ne vivons qu’une fois – Live life to the fullest, we only live once.
What’s your favorite action for getting more energy? Share it in the comment section here!
Latest posts by Marcus Ettinger (see all)
- Live As You Were Designed By Nature - May 20, 2019
- Cipro Inhibits Mitochondrial DNA Replication - April 4, 2019
- Luca Turin, Quantum Biology and The Sense of Smell – Fact or Fiction? - March 18, 2019