Dear Dr. Ettinger,
“Michael has been seeing Dr. Marcus Ettinger since he was three years old; he’s four now. Michael has had asthma since he was one year old. He has seen several medical doctors who had placed him on various medications and breathing treatments. At times, Michael needed breathing treatments three to four times each day.
Dr. Ettinger found a few spinal misalignments, which he said might be the source of irritation to his lungs. Because of the routine spinal adjustments Michael received, he has not needed a breathing treatment in several months. Even with the recent fires in our area, placing smoke and ash into the air, Michael remained asthma free. It’s wonderful.”
Lake Forest, CA
Comment from Dr. Ettinger: Over the years I have come to believe that most cases of asthma are a result of either spinal misalignments to the upper thoracic spine and neck, or due reactions to foods like wheat, milk, and artificial additives. On many occasion, just eliminating milk from a child’s diet was enough to completely eliminate their asthma and the need for medications to assist breathing.
Useful information related to chiropractic and asthma:
- What Is Causing the Asthma Epidemic?
- Chiropractic Treatment Can Improve Asthma Symptoms
- Manual Therapy for Childhood Respiratory Disease: A Systematic Review
- The use of spinal manipulative therapy for pediatric health conditions: a systematic review of the literature
- Applied kinesiology methods for a 10-year-old child with headaches, neck pain, asthma, and reading disabilities.