This is an easy to make and great tasting, super-healthy soup. I make it at least once a week and never get tired of it. The options are endless with this soup. Below is my base recipe. (Note: use as many organic ingredients that you can find. It will be healthier and tastier).
Red Bell Pepper – Vit. C, Vit. A (as: beta-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin), lutein and zeaxanthin
Tomatoes – Vit. C, Vit. A, vitamin K, lycopene,
Garlic – Allicin, manganese, Vit. B6 and Vit. C
Onion – Chromium, Vit. C, quercetin and allyl sulfides
Jalapenos – Vit. A, Vit. C, iron and capsaicin
Thyme – Vit. K and thymol
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Monounsaturated fatty acids and phenolic compounds
2 – Red Bell Peppers
1 – Yellow Bell Pepper (Optional. May use 3 Red Bell Peppers instead)
3 – Roma Tomatoes
3 – Cloves Garlic
1 – White or Yellow Onion
2 – Jalapenos (Optional)
1 – Sprig of Thyme
2 Tbsp – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp – Half & Half (Optional)
2 – Cups Spring Water or Stock (Chicken or Vegetable)
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
1. Chop all vegetables into chunks and place on a large baking sheet, lined with aluminum foil.
2. Pour the extra virgin olive oil over the vegetables. Coat them all by rubbing the oil in with your hands.
3. Turn the broiler on high and place the baking sheet on the top rack. Broil vegetable mixture until the desired char is reached. This usually takes about 10-15 minutes.
4. Place the mixture into a blender. Add the thyme and water or stock. Blend until creamy.
5. Pour into a pot and cook the soup for about 15 minutes over low heat, to meld all the flavors together. Add the half & half (I like to do this because it helps to balance the acid, and adds a smoother mouth-feel).
6. At this point, add the sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.
7. Serve and Enjoy.
Latest posts by Marcus Ettinger (see all)
- Live As You Were Designed By Nature - May 20, 2019
- Cipro Inhibits Mitochondrial DNA Replication - April 4, 2019
- Luca Turin, Quantum Biology and The Sense of Smell – Fact or Fiction? - March 18, 2019