Epigenetics, Disease, Health
Epigenetics is above our genes and with it, we can understand why we can maintain or regain health and vitality or why we develop an acute or chronic disease, as well as altered function within the body.
There are primary epigenetic factors. These are sleep; exercise; diet; our thoughts, emotions, and perceptions; and nervous system interference. For the rest of this post, I will focus on thoughts, emotions, and perceptions.
Our perceptions even if it does not match reality or the truth will produce specific compounds within the body. These compounds will either promote health and vitality or promote ill-health and disease.
“We are more often frightened than hurt, and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.” – Seneca
Epigenetics says, “Our thoughts and perceptions are translated into the chemistry that will determine what we become.” A disease caused by thought is not because the body is defective, it’s because the corresponding signal is inappropriate.
Our consciousness is the primary driver in issues involving health on this planet – especially when it relates to stress. 75-90% of all physician office visits are for stress-related ailments. Only 1% of disease is caused by faulty genes. 99% of disease is either caused by Trauma, toxins or our thoughts and perceptions.
Comparison of Chemicals Released Into The Blood During The Perception of Love and Fear.
The chemical composition of the blood is actually controlling the fate of the cell.
- Dopamine – Attraction and Pleasure
- Oxytocin – Bonding and Attachment
- Vasopressin – Bonding and Attachment
- Growth Hormone – Supports growth and health
- Cortisol – Inflammation and protection
- Norepinephrine – Protection and obsession/compulsion
- Cytokines – Adverse effects of cytokines have been linked to many disease states and conditions ranging from schizophrenia, major depression, and Alzheimer’s disease to cancer.
- Histamine – Inflammation, and protection
*Severe brain injury, spinal cord damage, heart failure, high blood pressure, kidney disease, and various types of stress (fear, anxiety, worry, anger…) can cause an over-activation of the sympathetic nervous system – fight/flight and protection/withdrawal. A distinctive set of symptoms including aches and pains, rapid heartbeat, elevated blood pressure, sweating, palpitations, anxiety, headache, paleness, a drop in blood glucose, as well as many other symptoms/conditions can occur.
If this activity is elevated for an extended period of time, it can cause weight loss and other stress-related body changes such as cancer, autoimmune disease, cardiac arrest, stroke, and death.
Related Epigenetic References
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton, Ph.D.
- The Habits And Traits Of The Oldest People On Earth
- Body Remodeling, Beyond Wolff’s Law
- 13 ways to improve your odds of having a perfect night’s sleep
- Osteoporosis – Supplements, Medications or Wolff’s Law - August 1, 2020
- Elevated TSH after iodine-iodide supplementation – Why? - June 28, 2020
- Zinc, Zinc Ionophore, COVID-19, Inflammation, Hemoglobin, Clioquinol, and More - April 9, 2020