This magnesium chloride bath not only possesses palliative properties (pain and muscle spasm relief), it possesses restorative properties as well. By combing magnesium chloride bath flakes, sodium bicarbonate (Baking Soda) and Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate), you have a potent trifecta supporting health and wellness. I love this magnesium bath; it’s great for soothing skin irritation, boosting magnesium levels, tissue purification, cellular detoxification and more. It’s a staple in our household and my patients love it too. I recommend that it be done 2-3 times every week for continued results. It’s the best spa bath you will ever take and the effects are almost miraculous.
This bath provides an ample supply of magnesium that’s absorbed transdermally. This bath also supplies sulfur, chloride, sodium, and bicarbonate. The Baking Soda helps to draw out, the sulfur does it’s magic on the skin, with the mag and chloride working its wonders throughout the body – inside and out.
From handling simple body aches and pains, to combating various skin conditions, to supporting those with GI-related conditions (IBS, IBD, constipation, cramping), cancer, autoimmune diseases, low thyroid, restless leg syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Parkinson’s, ADD/ADHD, migraine headaches, plantar fasciitis and many others body issues.
Magnesium Bath Recipe:
- Mag Chloride Bath Flakes – 2 cups (where to order)
- Epsom Salt – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – 1 lb box (Any baking soda will do. There is no aluminum in baking soda, so no need to spend money for Bob’s Red Mill brand).
Pour all ingredients in a hot bath and soak for 30 or more minutes. Repeat this every 3 days or as needed.
Note: If you have a scale, weigh yourself before going into the bath. Due to the hot water and the healing properties of this bath, you may lose between 1/2-1.5 lbs. This is an indicator that you will need to re-hydrate. Re-hydration is more than consuming plain water. I recommend adding some Seasons 90 Baja Gold Sea Salt to your water. This will help to replenish your electrolytes. You can also make fresh vegetable juice that contains carrot, celery, and cucumber.
If You Have High Chlorine Levels In Your Municipal Water, Add Ascorbic Acid To Your Bath, To Neutralize It.
Follow this link for measurements of how much to add. Using Vitamin C To Neutralize Chlorine in Water Systems
This bath truly works wonders. I’ve been taking and recommending mag baths for years. But if you need more information, here are some great resources on its benefits:
- Mag Chloride Benefits – Dr. Mark Sircus, Ac., OMD, DM (P)
- Magnesium Articles – Dr. Mark Sircus, Ac., OMD, DM (P)
Benefits of Magnesium is Far Greater Than Previously Imagined – Dr. Joseph Mercola
- Bathing in a magnesium-rich Dead Sea salt solution improves skin barrier function, enhances skin hydration, and reduces inflammation in atopic dry skin. – PubMed
- Lysophosphatidylcholine May Aid Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease - October 10, 2023
- Artificial Light at Night Causes Anxiety, PTSD, Bipolar Disorder - October 10, 2023
- Sunlight Therapy for Weight, Insulin, and Leptin Regulation - July 25, 2023